My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

loving home

We are loving being home! Time goes so much faster at home though! I guess they say time flies when you're having fun. We have been having fun just chilling out at home. The weekend was a little rough as far as pain goes but she seemed a bit better today. Yesterday we drove down to ft worth for clinic and I took all 4 kids. her appt was at 130 and we saw the doc around 3. They said some of her blood chemistries were a little high and they didnt want to do the TPN that night and give her saline in clinic. we got out of there around 5 after a saline bolus of 250, we finally made it back home at 1045. I had just had 6 days of TPN delivered but they said based on her chemistries, that the formula needed changed. So they delivered 3 days to me today and we will recheck her blood here in tulsa on thursday and order 3 more days and retest monday.
Gracie started her 2 weeks of accutane last night and then we will have 2 weeks off before starting the last 2 weeks. they want me to drive back down for labs before the next round of accutane but i really dont want to. I will try to see if they will let me do it here. it feels great to know we are done with treatments. it will be super great to be done with accutane and scans too. :) just in time to enjoy our summer! we feel very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment