My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Friday, March 12, 2010

disappointing news

today we recieved some disappointing news about the recent testing Gracie has undergone for cancer staging. Gracie has been diagnosed with stage III high risk neuroblastoma. She will be starting aggressive chemotherapy tomorrow, and by God's grace she will overcome the odds that have been stacked against her. Please continue to include her in your prayers, it helps so much.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this, I have come from a post from Marianne Bloxham.

    I would like to do a blog makeover for you and your little girl, no charge, just something that people can get on your blog and get a sense who this beautiful girl is. My blog is http://www.thenaulutribe.blogspot.com/ and see if you are interested. my email is on my blog, email me and I would love to get started! Prayers and thoughts,

    Devri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about this! We have kept her in our prayers and hope gracie won't be miserable. Our friend Ryan (his pic is on mariannes blog) was only in remission for a month and a half and his cancer is back. If there is anything we can do at all please let us know. We included her in our fast on sunday and will continue to do so. Let us know if you'll be holding a special fast on any certain day so we can participate!
    Andra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am so sorry. you are always in the back of my mind wondering how your day is going. Please know that we love you and pray for you every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa and Brandon,
    I am so sorry to hear about the results of Gracie's test. It is hard as parents to watch your child have to go through such hard things. When I was diagnosed with cancer I didn't have a good prognosis either. I had only 30% chance of surviving. The best thing I ever read after getting the results was "it is only a number". I am praying that Gracie, like me is going to be in the positive results. Our prayers are with your entire family. We love you.

    ReplyDelete