My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Haircut and hair loss




Gracie had a ton of hair on her pillow today and her hair was pretty messy from laying around. I got a brush and started brushing it very softly and got a big pile of hair. Then when it was all combed through, i gave her a haircut. She sat still and did a good job. It keeps falling out pretty steadily and it wont be long before it is all out. She knows it is happening and doesnt seem to care too much for the time being.

Gracie had her 3rd blood transfusion yesterday and platelets today. She is pretty miserable still and nauseated. She hasnt smiled in a week. she also has developed mouth sores that cover her mouth, lips and tongue. I dont understand why she has to go through all of these things. why cant the nausea leave already? why does she have to have the sores? why cant she have an appetite? I feel like she has to go through so much that isnt necessary and the Lord is trying my faith. We have not lost our faith though. It is what keeps us going. We know the Lord is mindful of us and knows our needs even if we cant understand why this has to happen. It doesnt make any sense. but neither do a lot of things in life...Gracie is strong and a fighter. She will beat this. We feel so blessed to have her in our family and to be her parents, she is an angel.

8 comments:

  1. Lee, my heart is breaking for you guys. I wish there is something that I can do. You are strong, and I know that the Lord blesses you each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa, This is Sue's sister - I'm so sorry you are all having to go through this - I am at a loss for words other than - I will continue to pray for you all! I would love to make her a hat to wear - or a couple (in time). I'm still trying to figure out a way to run an auction on my blog - I'll be in touch. If you'd like me to send a hat - please let me know her head circumference! God bless!!! -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry it's so tough, especially since it's a little girl. Our friend Ryan Hess is going through the same thing. He had his bone marrow transplant and was in remission mid January and in mid March, his cancer is back. He's starting a new round of chemo and he has all the mouth sores, etc starting again. his blog is teamryanhess.blogspot.com if you ever need some hope. They haven't stopped fighting. Keep faith and hope. We pray constantly for gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa and family, you are doing such a great job, not a day goes by that I don't think about you all and Gracie, wishing better times for you. Keep the faith, we are all parying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, this post broke my heart. We are praying for you and Gracie every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have words to express how I feel about this :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know you personally, but you are definitely in our prayers. I will pray for Gracie's appetite to increase and for her sores and nausea to go away. I will also pray that God gives you and your husband the strength that you need for each day. Most of all, we will pray that God touches her precious little body in a way that only He can and that her SMILE will return soon! Just remember Job and all that he went through... after remaining faithful to God through all his hardship God blessed Him abundantly. Remain strong and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa,
    I just cannot imagine the feelings you are dealing with.

    I am sitting here bawling. I wish I could do something substantial to help you. Please know we love you guys! I hope you feel of our concern and love, always. You will be in our prayers for a long time! Thanks for keeping us all up to date on Gracie's progress.

    Most of all, please let your angel know that there are hundreds and hundreds of people out here that love her and are praying for her comfort and protection. What a sweetie.

    Love ,
    Mel, Pete, Kensie, Eric Sims

    (BTW, I have a friend in Watertown that meets with a prayer group every week. Recently when Kensie was very sick, the group prayed for her and it was so comforting. I'd like to give them Gracie's name, is that okay? Also, I'm going to call the Denver temple and put her name on the prayer roll. I hope these things will bring you some measure of comfort. Please take care!)

    ReplyDelete