My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day +8

Gracie slept all but a couple hours yesterday. She was so tired and it was good to know she was getting rest and the morphine was controlling the pain. Her blood pressure was really low last night and her heart rate was steady around 170, so it was no surprise to hear she needed blood today. That helped with the blood pressure. It is still fairly low but not too low. And her heart rate is around 140 which is what it has been for the whole time with cancer, or higher. It doesn't really go much lower than that very often.
She had playlets again yesterday for the 7th day in a row but she didn't need any today.
Her mouth is starting to look a bit better. It is still awful of course but they think she might be ready to turn the corner and hopefully see the white count coming up in the next few days. I sure hope so!
The sodium issue is driving me a bit crazy but I guess I should let the DRs do their job. This morning her sodium was 135 which is the low end of normal but she hasn't been peeing a lot at all and is up 2 lbs of fluid from yesterday, yet the doc still gave her the ddavp. I'm not exactly impressed with this particular endocrine doc and I feel like every time he is on the clock, he screws things up. I asked the nurse " why did he give her a dose when her sodium was that low and she wasn't peeing." she said "he's the doctor, and he knows more than you or I. I guess that's why he's paid the big bucks" um, wow, ok.
Anyway, tomorrow Brandon is flying back down for a few days and I will go back home for a few days to be with my other kids!!! I'm so excited to see them, it has been 3 weeks! I think I will let them skip some school and we will go to the fair. We are going to make homemade chocolate chip cookies cause I've been craving them forever!!!! I will treat it as an early birthday.
Thank you to everyone who has sent Gracie cards and letters. Most of you, we have never met and we feel so loved! And most importantly, thank you for the prayers!!! We know God hears them and is blessing us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment