My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Monday, October 18, 2010

A good day

Today was a good day. :)
We woke up around 8 and I did the blood draw and we went to the clinic. It went so mich faster, with having the blood already drawn. We were out of there in an hour. Her counts were still pretty good. She is doing well, besides some puking. Praying it stops soon.
They said we can go home Thursday after her next clinic appointment, as long as she is still doing as well. Tomorrow she has a kidney scam to test the blood flow. They just want to check before radiation.
I did her dressing and cap change tonight and was so proud of myself!!! Then I looked down and saw the biopatch sitting there unopened! Ugh! I totally forgot to put it on. For a split second I thought to just leave it, since I had already cleaned it well with the chloraprep. But I knew that it was important and I didn't want to run the risk, so I had to take off the new dressing I had just done and do it all over again. I felt so bad. She did well with it and I promised to not forget the biopatch next time! She was so forgiving even though her skin was sore.
We had a good day together doing puzzles and coloring and painting and watching tv. She also has wanted to sing the ABC song all day and it is really cute. I'm happy to see her happy and wanting to sing. She was running down the hall and fell down and skinned her knees. I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy she felt like running and did! Sad that she wasn't very steady and fell. It is good to see her want to be a kid again. She wants to learn how to skip. So cute.
We can't wait to get home in a few days!!!!!!!! Please continue your prayers that she will be well. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment