My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9

Sunday, November 7, 2010


A lot can happen in 24 hours! It seems as soon as we have any sort of plan in place is when something bad happens! we just made a plan on friday to start with radiation therapy and then she made a turn for the worse last night after my last post!! seriously crazy.
Gracie had a temperature late last night of about 101 and I gave her lortab and it didnt go away, I gave her ibuprofen a couple hours later and she still had a fever of 102. I called the oncologist in Ft worth and he said to get her blood drawn and if her counts were good, to get an antibiotic RX and go back home since she had no other symptoms. well, her counts were good and she came home with an RX around 2 am. She puked in the night around 430 and I turned her feeding pump off. Then she puked again at 8. she puked up her morning meds as well and also pedialyte. She kept complaining of a headache and was weak and tired. I put all the kids in the car to go fill her RX but when we were pulling up to the window, she started breathing weird and it freaked me out so I just kept driving to the hospital. My friend came and picked up the kids for me. Brandon found someone to cover the last few hours of his shift.
When we got there her blood pressure was very low. 60/31. a while later it was 48/20. They gave her iv fluids and drew blood cultures and labs. Her white count during the night had been 3.1 and now it was 20. They gave her a couple saline boluses and her blood pressure didnt change much, so they transferred her to the PICU and started antibiotics and medicine to increase her blood pressure. she hasnt peed much even with all the fluids and they are going to start a catheter if she hasnt peed by 10. I came home to sleep and brandon stayed with her tonight. She was getting a blood transfusion when I left. They are suspecting sepsis but wont know until the cultures come back in a day or two.
my sister in law is flying in tonight and will stay the week to help with the kids. we are so blessed to have such wonderful family!
please pray for her!


  1. Wow...that is a big change from the last two posts. Prayers are with you guys.