My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So much to be thankful for

happy Thanksgiving! we have so much to be thankful for! Gracie is doing well with radiation and is happy and silly. She is almost the same little girl she was before. she will never be the same, but that is ok cause she is becoming such a wise soul.:) She is doing the best she has in the past 9 months or longer, so we feel verY blessed.
a few months ago I started making a list of blessings we have received through this time. it was during a rough patch with chemo and infections and she was so sick I thought we might lose her, I had the feeling to make a list of blessings. the Lord has said " in all things, give thanks" It is so easy to see the bad and dwell on it, and I of course am guilty of this from time to time, but it does nobody any good. if we can stop and count our blessings, we realize how blessed we are because of and despite our trials.
the first blessing is our wonderful family and children, who love us and support us and help us. it has been so nice to have so many family members be able to help in one way or another. Wether it be, watching our kids, doing fundraisers, sending cards and Gifts, and all the phone calls to know we are loved and thought of and prayed for always!! we are blessed that Brandon has a good job and he is able to work extra shifts when he can.I'm so thankful my mom retired and is able to stay for long periods of time with the other kids, Im thankful for my in laws who have made three trips with every break they get to help us out. also my sisters and sister in laws for coming weeks and months at a time.
i'm thankful I have diabetes insipid us and that I am able to know how to manage Gracie's diabetes insipidus as well. I am able to know what she needs and how she feels.I'm thankful Brandon is a doctor and knows the medical language and helps me better understand. also that he can know what needs to be done or what questions need to be asked.
I'm thankful for all the friends and strangers who have donated time and money and meals and helped watch my kids. I'm thankful for the smiles and kind words, cards and letters , donations,gifts, blood drives, and prayers!
I'm thankful for the gospel and the comforting power of the holy ghost. I'm thankful most of all for prayer, for the comfort I receive when I pray and for the peace I feel through all those around the globe praying for our family. I know God hears them and he blesses us. I don't know what the future holds for Gracie but I am thankful for each day with her and Watching her grow and learn and be happy and smile. I'm thankful for so many more things that I hold dear....
I am blessed with a wonderful loving husband and four beautiful children. I love them more than life.
I am thankful for all of you. God bless you.

4 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing person Lisa! I wish you guys a wonderful Thanksgiving. So glad to hear Gracie is feeling better. I hope she continues to progress and that you gain some more normalcy in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I have to say that I am thankful for your example. Whenever I read your blog or facebook updates, it makes me try harder to be a good mom to my kids. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that you guys are doing well. I am thankful for the example of friends like you guys. You amaze me! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for making me cry my eyes out! You are incredible and that little Gracie is truly amazing! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete