My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Antibodies day 4

Yesterday around 4 pm Gracie started coughing a lot and couldn't stop. they did a breathing treatment but it didn't help at all like it had before. This went on for about an hour when they called the doctor and then they turnedthe rate of the antibodies down from 10 ml to 5 and waited for about 10 minutes and it didn't help any so they turned it off. About a half hour later she finally stopped coughing. They left it offfor a couple hours and restarted at the lower rate and she did just fine. So this morning they decided to do the lower rate for the whole 20 hours an it was going well until 4 pm rolled around and the coughing started. It was so weird that it was the same time. They turned it off and waited a few hours and just restarted it a couple hours ago. She has had three breathing treatments today and will keep getting them every four hours until the antibody is done. They have to stop after 20 hours regardless of if she got the whole dose. Luckily she got the whole dose the first 3 days and will get all but 15 ml of the last dose if she does well through the night. The pain has been well controlled the last three days and her blood pressure and o2 sats have been good so it is a little frustrating that this cough is such an issue. We are glad she didn't have any more serious issues.
Tomorrow morning she will have another EGD to check out her esophogitis and See if her stricture has resolved or not. If not then they will dialate it again for the 3rd time. After that we plan to head home for the weekend an come back Monday for clinic. It is a lot of driving but it is worth it to be home and be with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment