My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas and happy new year!!

We had a wonderfully wonderful Christmas at home!! Daddy had a few days off and we had a lot of time to spend as a family. It was nice to have it just be us, although we love all our family and friends so much, it was just a very special time this year for us to be on our own. We loved it and Gracie was happy and healthy! Thanks for praying for her!!
the kids never complained about getting a tree earlier cause they wanted to wait for Gracie, so we were able to go get a tree as a family a week before Christmas. Gracie enjoyed helping decorate and she got to put the star on top! :)
The week before Christmas we went down to Texas for scans and bone marrow aspirates and they were all clear and showed no evidence of disease! Her dental work went well and she had a lot of work done and has 12 crowns and many fillings. her teeth look beautiful. it took the dentist about 3 hours.
my mom and dad came up on the 28th so we could go back to texas the 30th for clincs. i took my son Shad with me since we were just staying overnight and I had already taken Chloe once. He had a good time and was very sweet to Gracie. It was good for them to have some one on one time. The 30th she had a lot of blood work done and then got her new double lumen central line, which is now on the left side. poor kid is gonna be polka dotted with scars. :) she did really well, and the 31st we went back to clinic for her first shot of GM-CSF. She has to have one for 14 days. We drove back home that day and had happy new year here at home!! she was so excited. she got tired around 10:30 so she just blew her whistle early and did some streamers and party poppers and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment