My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9

Saturday, January 22, 2011

antibodies round 2

Gracie, Chloe and I went for a pedicure today. It was gracie's first one and she loved it!! they had a fun little chair and a dvd player for the kids. She chose pink polish and a white flower.
Daddy bought roses for his girls and she was so excited that she could hold it. she kept asking if it was ok, because after a stem cell transplant, they aren't supposed to hold fresh flowers. weird huh? well, that is only til day 100 if they are well. Gracie has been doing awesome this last month. She is happy most of the time and active. She loves to laugh and play hide and seek. I have noticed a bit of moodiness this week though, and im thinking it is from the accutane but it is hard to know.
we drove down thursday for a clinic appt. it is pretty crappy that we have to drive 5 hours each direction for a 1 hour appt. but they have to have the bloodwork done at their own lab since it is still in the study phase. everything has to go by their protocol, so we do it. Thursday it was snowing and there was a layer of ice underneath. We headed out at 4:30 a.m. for a 10 oclock appt. my husband was working the night shift and is usually off at 630 but they let him leave a bit early to drive us down. I was glad to have him along. we stopped by his work to pick him up and headed down the road. it took 3 hours just to get to OK City when it usually takes 1 1/2. the roads were pretty slick but the main issue was the drivers. we saw a few cars off the road and a couple crashes. then right before OK City, we got a flat tire. it was SO cold but we got the tire changed and back on the road. I was counting my blessings that he was with us! also, that the tire was on the side away from traffic, we had packed flashlights in the car, gloves and hoods, and sleeping bags(that he kneeled on) even though it sucked, we still knew we had been blessed.
we got to the appointment at 11:45 and they got us right in since I had called and told them about the tire and everything. they drew her blood and talked about the next round and said she looked great. then we were back in the car to head home. we got home at 6 and Brandon went back to work for the next night, poor thing. he didnt get much sleep but he is amazing that way.

our family scored some great deals on clearance toys at target. we donated them to the oncology floor at the hospital here. we took them up there this afternoon and it was fun to see the nurses and have them see Gracie well and happy and silly. she was dragging her favorite nurse by the hand and running down the hallways giggling. I loved watching it. tomorrow we will drive down to Texas to be admitted for round 2. it will be for 2 weeks this time. (rounds 2 and 4 are 2 weeks in patient) we are praying things go well again and ask for your prayers also. thank you so much!


  1. I have fallen in love with this beautiful family and little Gracie..I pray daily for strength and patience, and rest for all of you! Blair- TCH