My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day +100


Well, it is Day +100 since transplant. This is the day we have been worrying about and praying to make it to. the reason is, she had to start her new immunotherapy (ch14.18) by day +100 or she wouldnt be able to do it at all. We were so worried it would'nt happen with all of the set backs she has had and it just kept getting pushed back more and more. Talk about pushing it to the limit! we made it! Gracie and I are driving back down to Ft Worth today to be admitted tonight and start the ch14.18 in the morning. That will go for 4 days. She has the GM-CSF shots for 11 more days and also starts on accutane twice a day on the 11th, through the 24th. this is course one.
She will be discharged friday and stay at the mcdonald house til clinic the next monday. then if all is well, we will come home for 10 days before the next course. It is going to busy busy and crazy, but if all goes according to schedule she would be done the end of may. knock on wood.
Gracie keeps getting mad at me cause I say "Knock on wood" all the time now. and i will not stop. I have no intention of doing so, lol. call me supersticous, I have become so. That is the entire reason I have not updated the blog the last two weeks. Im sorry to those who check often but the last two times I was raving about how well she was doing, is when she got sepsis the next day. I really didnt want to jinx getting to day 100. call me crazy, maybe I am. :) so in the future, just assume no news is good news. that is the general case. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment