My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day -3

Last night was pretty much the same, diaper changes every hour or more. Luckily she lets the nurses change the diapers during the night and let me get a bit of sleep. She will use the potty most of the time during the day but it gets tiring getting in and out of bed so often. her bone pain is getting a bit worse but the morphine helps a lot, the pain docs came by and said they can see about a pain pump in the coming days. the doc says the mouth and throat sores will start up in a couple days.
She had another chest x Ray this morning that came back clear so that is good. They are going to switch her formula to one with some fat in it again, just not a lot of fat. she is almost done with chemotherapy!!!! Last chemotherapy!!! Only 3 more hours, then she will have a blood transfusion since her hemoglobin was only 6.8 today. she has been pretty tired but it is probably from the anemia.
My back is killing me from sleeping on this crappy bed. I can't bend over at all. I am glad Brandon will be back on Friday to crack it for me. We miss him a lot. Gracie had me write a big list of things for him to bring from home. She is such a trooper.

2 comments:

  1. I hate hospital beds. But the fold out ones for parents up at Primary Childrens Hospital are the worst. They had us in a room with no windows and I didn't realize how much I love the sun until it was gone. It was a strange feeling.

    ReplyDelete