My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day +6

The night went pretty well. Her puking is a lot less and her pain is better managed although they are increasing the morphine every day and also today. Also more platelets today. Her sodium was 169 this morning at 400 so they gave her some ddavp and tested it again at 6 am and it was still high at 164. They decreased her iv sodium amount and retested at 4 this afternoon and it was 153.
They are taking the sodium out of her TPN as well and hopefully it will get back to normal. They think she was probably just getting dehydrated. Stupid diabetes inspidus.
They gave her some medicine for itching cause of her dry peeling skin. Her mouth is horrific. I can't even describe it as hamburger, I don't have words for it, just that I am SO glad for pain medicine!!! Poor sweet baby.
The doctor and nurse were raving about her and what a good patient she is. They said "seriously, she is so good about everything, she never complains and she is amazing." I said I hear that a lot :) but I don't even have to hear it to know. She is patient and sweet and close to perfect ( in my eyes) :) I cant imagine how mean and grumpy I would be if I went through what she does. I hear all the kids screaming at all hours of the day and night and that is normal! It breaks my heart for all of their suffering. Please pray for all of them and all the children affected with cancer and illness. God bless them.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog through another and have been following your family since then. I pray for Gracie, and for you and your husband. I was just reading about her liking getting mail. If you would email me the address, I would LOVE to send her a card, if you dont mind, that is. kacischwalk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, We pray for Gracie and your family daily. My 5 year old remembers Gracie in her prayers each night and I think God listens to the sweet voice of childrens prayers more than anything. Thinking and praying for Gracie, you, and your family!

    Jody Gillman Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,

    Reading your posts make me hurt for poor little Gracie. Of course she is perfect! What children aren't? Isn't it so amazing at how children handle situations so much differently than us adults? I agree with you... if we as adults had to go through what those poor little children go through, I'm sure we'd be a lot less tolerant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. my heart. I have never hated that 'stupid cancer' more... Your whole family is just an example to me, Lisa....and AMAZING GRACIE...how sweet she is!

    ReplyDelete