My beautiful niece Gracie was recently diagnosed with Neuroblastoma (cancer). It is still early in the diagnosis and we are awaiting results to know more about the fight that Gracie will face. I've created this blog as an outlet for friends and family to stay informed about her journey and a way for friends and family to make anonymous contributions towards her care and the mounting expenses her family will face. Gracie is a fighter and the bravest 3 year old I know. Hundreds of people love you Gracie and are praying for you. "Be strong and of good courage for the Lord thy God is with thee" Joshua 1:9


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day +5

The night was long with her needing the pain pump a lot. They increased the morphine again. She got platelets again for the 5th day in a row. They said she will probably keep needing them every day for quite a while since the platelets tend to be the last thing to grow. She also got red blood cells today. The day went fairly well in cancer's standards. the increased morphine helped a lot until her bedtime mouth care. She had the regular base dose plus pushed the button twice plus had the larger nurse dose. Poor baby. Now she is sleeping well and snoring. :) her skin is peeling on her entire body and is so itchy even with the constant amount of lotion. Her hair is all fallen out now and I adore her precious perfect bald head. Her mouth looks awful. Every day it gets worse even when I think it can't possibly. She is pretty tired and sad but she doesn't complain. She got a tiny hint of a smile when she received 6 letters yesterday. I think her mouth just couldn't move much but I could see the happiness in her eyes. It made me want to cry. Thank you to everyone who sent her letters and even some people I've never even met. We appreciate it.
I'm sorry for unloading yesterday about the comments! My Facebook inbox was flooded with people asking if it was them. I'm sorry for making everyone think it was them when really it is a select few. And it really only bothers me when I'm incredibly stressed out, like the last few days. :)
Gracie also had another chest x Ray as a continued followup for the chylothorax and it was still clear thankfully!! Thanks so much for all the prayers throughout everything these 7 months and hoping you will continue them for the remainder of her treatments through the spring. They are what helps the most.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that she has had such pain. She's so beautiful Lisa! My thoughts and prayers continue in your behalf. She's a little angel. I sit and cry for you. I can't believe you guys have been going at this for seven months now. That's got to be so hard! That's awesome she received so much mail! She's an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete